Thursday, August 7, 2014
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news. – Romans 10
Our proclamation on Sunday mornings this summer has reminded us of the very gift of faith quietly flourishing among us. Led by the Spirit the mission of the church is always dynamic and the invitation to participate always unfolding. Our faith really does reach down to our feet which leads us to new ways of sharing the good news!
With a new program year at Faith Lutheran just around the corner we feel a good momentum and a growing participation in our many expressions of ministry. Eager to live more fully into the next things, we will enter into a new worship schedule beginning on Alpha Sunday, September 7, with services at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m. Alpha Sunday activities will be held between services that day.
Our new schedule for Sunday School (Children thru Adults) will begin on Sunday, September 14, and will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. Classroom curriculum for children will be based upon our Sunday readings in worship using Sparkhouse® resources.
We are excited about the opportunities this brings to our Sunday mornings. With one education time for all ages, many new possibilities emerge. Consider these:
- Varied educational offerings during a month, sometimes by age group and sometimes bringing together different ages and generations for a common purpose or topic.
- Parents and children taking a class together about faith practices for the home.
- Conversation with one of our pastors about matters of the faith.
- A service and outreach project to be approached together by varied groups within the congregation.
- Creative approaches to intergenerational worship.
Join with me in looking forward to a renewed and vibrant participation in the worship and learning life of our congregation this fall.